Learn how the DIFFERENTIAL works
The Differential is a stylised educational model, an interactive study guide to the mechanism, only for learning its essentials and principles of working. The Differential was designed to ensure that the drive wheels sitting on the same axle rotate with a different rate and cover different distances at the same time. This mechanism allows the car to make turns without the wheels skidding, prevents wheel-slip, reduces tyre wear, and makes entering and going out of turns easier for the driver. Having assembled the Differential, you can unblock it pushing the lever in position 1 (Up) and set both wheels in motion by rotation of the drive gear or the wheel. The Control lever regulates the smooth locking of the left and right wheels independently by turning left or right respectively. In the “down” position of the lever, both wheels are linked in a rigid coupling and can either rotate together (propelled by the drive gear or a wheel) or lock simultaneously (by the lever of the wheel).
When and who invented it
The car differential was invented by French engineer Onesiphore Pecqueur in 1825. In the 1930s of the 20th century, German automotive engineer Ferdinand Porsche made significant improvements to the device.
Differentials are used mainly in cars as a part of the transmission mechanism. They improve maneuvrability and performance of a car.
«Differential» educational mechanical model kit
- Model Size: 6.9*5.3*4.1 in (17.5*13.5*10.5 cm)
- Package size: 8.1*7.4*2.5 in (20.5*18.8*6.3 cm)
- Number of components: 163
- Estimated time of assembly: 1-2 hour
- PDF instruction
Advantages Mechanical Wooden Model UGEARS | Mechanical 3D Puzzle
- No Glue Connection | Assembling without glue and chemicals
- Self Assembly | Details are already cut and Ready to assemble
- Mechanical | - The models produce motion
- Educational | - Perfect for family projects through hands STEM learning
Free shipping Mechanical Wooden Model UGEARS to USA, Canada, Australia, EU and other countries worldwide:
- Fast and Free Worldwide Delivery!
- Delivery times from 14 to 30 days!
- Contact us if you need advice regarding delivery to your country.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.